You Deserve A gold star!
We all work hard. We all deserve a gold star for waking up and for putting in the time every day.
Here are some ways to integrate self-compassion into your lives:
1) Write a letter to yourself:
Be non-judgmental and compassionate with yourself and focus on writing down what you would tell a friend.
2) Find a bracelet or rubber band. Every time you have a negative thought, switch the bracelet/rubber band to the other wrist.
3) Observe this negative thought and rephrase it, "Huh, that's a judgmental thought. What do you need? Comfort? Safety? Love?"
You have something to offer!
You are perfect as you are, whether or not you're struggling. You have special things to offer, experiences that others can relate to and ways to connect with others.
Here are 3 ways that helped me get to a place of self-love:
1) I started acknowledging that my feelings are valid.
2) I began sharing more openly with others.
3) I wrote down things that I was proud of myself for doing. I started writing down things that might be easier or harder for others like getting out of bed and taking a walk.
You are perfect with all your imperfections. (Adapted from John Legend)